Baking Notes

So these robust guys just popped out of my oven recently, aren't they handsome? That's semolina on the left and whole wheat on the right, both sourdough. I haven't been baking as much lately just because the overall consumption of food in our house has dropped precipitously since the last of my brood fledged the nest. What? I know! Empty nesters. I can't believe it either. What's a bake-happy mom to do with no youg'uns around? Thankfully there are social events and extended family close by who appreciate fresh baked whatnot such as bread and cookies.





Glazed lemon/ginger spelt shortbread cookies, just because. 


A note about sourdough: it's fickle. The last couple of loaves have been total duds, not even worth noting. Dense. Tasteless. Barely edible. And then all of a sudden I get two winners like these. I recently splurged on some good quality organic stone ground grains which I have a hunch made my sourdough colony a very happy colony indeed. They rewarded me with two splendid loaves of bread. Huzzah!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

You can comment and msg me on this blog any time we will response within 24 hours